Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Top Songs of 2011: 15 through 11

* Could not keep my top list of 2011 to just ten, so I expanded it to 15. It's different, it's me, and you get more. Hope you enjoy my wide range of interests. These songs made 2011 enjoyable for me. I will be posting 15 through 11, then every other two after. Prepare for many posts in December. You ready?




      #15 Cobra Starship's "#1Nite": To kick off this diverse list, Cobra Starship released a disappointing album this year which featured only a few bright gems. Besides the hit first single, “#1Nite” was a favorite of mine which has huge potential to be a future hit down the road. The song is extremely catchy, it plays with the party theme that we saw a lot of this year, but here it is done a bit differently. Lead singer, Gabe Saporta, has a distinction in his vocals that has attracted me since the band's debut album. If another single is to be released from the effort, then it better be this track, it has everything that was good about 2011.

 #1Nite (One Night) - Cobra Starship





     #14 Avril Lavigne's "Wish You Were Here": Avril Lavigne released one of my favorite albums of the year, expect it on my Top 10 Albums of 2011 list. The artist released three singles from the album, the first two gained a bit of success, but it was the third, “Wish You Were Here”, that impressed me the most. The song is a raw, emotional ballad that hit every chord with me, I related to it automatically. Lavigne's vocals carry a sense of hurt and depression and it only allows the song to pack a stronger punch. The song may have only charted at #99 on the Billboard Hot 100, but the song is a true hit to me, one of the artist's career best.

Avril Lavigne - Wish You Were Here






     #13 Aqua's "Kill Myself": It had been 11 years, but Danish pop band, Aqua, returned with their third studio album this year- expect a full review next week. The album featured some unique tracks such as “Playmate to Jesus” and “How R U Doin?”, but “Kill Myself” takes the prize for the greatest moment off the project. The song is the closest you will get to a ballad from the group and it works in every way. The vocals are vulnerable, the meaning is quite sad and dramatic, but I could not keep away. Any person that went through a tough break up would appreciate the meaning behind the track. A true must listen.

aqua-kill myself






     #12 Demi Lovato's "Unbroken": I was really excited for Demi Lovato's Unbroken after the release of the beautiful “Skyscraper”, but the album did not impress me as much as I expected. The collaborations were awkward, did not fit in, but there were other tracks that stuck out in the best way possible. The album's title track, “Unbroken”, blended the line between pop track and ballad in a good way. The song deals with how Lovato would handle a relationship, and just like in the lead single, the artist's raw, raspy vocals convinced me of its greatness. The track even sounded like Robyn, a huge compliment for Lovato.

Demi Lovato - Unbroken





     #11 Jessica Sutta's “Show Me”: After waiting in the back for a few years, ex-Pussycat Doll, Jessica Sutta, made a big name for herself in 2011 with her solo single, “Show Me”. The song hit the number one spot on Billboard's Dance/Club Play chart and for good reasons. The track will quickly get anyone up on their feet with the infectious beat. Sutta's vocals are very impressive, showing that she could handle a track on her own and command a dance floor. The track is a great way to get fans excited for the artist's official debut album and it is far better than any of the generic trash coming from the big names in 2011.

Jessica Sutta - Show Me



* This is just the beginning! I had to give these amazing artists some credit and include them. That just means the top ten are even that more fantastic and mind-blowing. Numbers 10 and 9 will be up tomorrow. Who do you think made my top list? Be sure to go out and buy all the tracks featured. Support these artists!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar