Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

fashion tips: what's the point of capsule wardrobes that don't fit?


Defining your personal style for my building a wardrobe method we kicked off last week, is all about buying pieces that you love. Eventually, it will be easy to find items that you feel great in and that work well with your lifestyle. When you feel comfortable, your style will look effortless.

Blah. Blah. Blah.

Can you believe I had the audacity to even attempt at starting this post that way? Who am I kidding? Fashion stylist turned fashion editor turned fashion entrepreneur and I leave the house looking no better than Snooki in a muumuu on her best day. Okay so perhaps I exaggerate the self-deprecation there. I look more like a model off duty most days, but um, like a model from thirty years ago who shops from QVC and yard sales because that's where the "unique" pieces are. I am so sick and tired of being ignorant to the specialized fashion design education I was blessed with, dressing myself in pieces of crap that don't fit me because I refuse to acknowledge my correct body shape while resorting to the excuse of "being too busy" to do anything about it. I am not Sofia Vergara or Jessica Biel or Beyonce. And shopping thrift stores for ethical reasons is a moot point when I simply return home with fast fashion trash like skin-tight American Eagle or far from tailored H&M pieces with the tags still on them. Whoop, go me!

It is always a good idea to go through your closet on a regular basis. Why? Because if you are anything like me, you know better, in fact you know so much you don't even need to read my practice-what-you-preach post, but meditating on the state of your closet with the intention of really being present is an eye opener so that you can really come to terms with how much crap you're collecting and didn't even know you had. If you haven't worn an item in over a year, it's time to donate it or sell it. Stop digesting that advice only to do nothing with it. DONATE YOUR CLOTHES! Seriously. There are so many reasons that we hang on to clothes, and while it is tempting to cling on to items for sentimental value, it will be freeing to open up some space for outfits that you will enjoy in the present. Especially ones that actually fit you. Ahem. #wakeupcall
CONTINUE READING...

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar